Scheduling a single lesson
Reservations - recurring, ongoing lessons
Get a same-day lesson
How to cancel or reschedule a lesson
What to do if you're going to miss a lesson
Selecting a teacher, changing teachers
What should I do if my teacher misses a lesson?
Is it ok to take lessons with multiple teachers?
How far in advance can I schedule lessons?
Why can't I cancel or change a lesson less than 24 hours before it starts?
How can I see teachers' bios?
How long your teacher will wait for you
Using the Classroom
What browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari) should I use?
Test your audio/video on our test page
What can I do if I'm having audio or video problems in a lesson?
Audio recommendations - audio is important!
Can I use a phone or tablet for lessons?
How to change the chat message font size
Mobile devices - swipe left to see chat messages
How to share your screen with your teacher during a lesson
How can I see myself during a lesson?
Troubleshooting issues with your microphone
How can I purchase lessons?
How much do lessons cost?
I know you have a 100% guarantee, what's your refund policy?
How can I be sure my payment is secure? Are you licensed?
How to tip your teacher
If I miss a lesson, will I get a refund?
If my teacher misses a lesson, will I get a refund?
What is the expiration period for lessons?
How can I reactivate an expired package?
How can I check my remaining credits?
Messaging Your Teacher
Messages outside of lessons
Chatting while in the classroom
Where can I find the chat messages from my previous lessons?
Viewing one single lesson's chat history
Multiple Students & Groups
Can we have more than one person in a lesson? Is the price the same?
Should I create individual accounts for each person?
How to share purchases
Gmail trick to use a single email address with multiple accounts
Curriculum, Practice, Textbooks, & Materials
Does my teacher follow a curriculum?
What textbooks will I use?
Can I use my own book? What about books from school?
How can I send materials to my teacher?
Is homework and practice provided for outside of lessons?
Info For Parents
Can we take lessons together as a family?
What's a good age to start learning a new language?
Can you help my child with a class they're already taking?
Organizations & Schools
What programs do we have to help businesses, schools, and other organizations?
Can a LanguageConvo teacher completely replace a language teacher at my school?
Free Trial Lesson
So how does this work?
What do I need to do to prepare for my lesson?
How do you (or I) choose a teacher?
Do I need a webcamera?
How many free trial lessons can I schedule for my family?
How far in advance do I need to cancel, if I can't make it?
Updated by John Aitchison
Good question! Here's a very quick overview:
- Note: You'll be learning with a native-speaking language teacher; for example, if you are learning Mandarin, your teacher is someone who's actually from China! If you're learning German, your teacher is someone who's actually from Germany!
- First, create an account
- Once you have an account set up, we ask that you fill out a few questions about your goals, interests, learning style etc.
- We'll then match you with a few teachers who are a good fit
- Schedule your lesson! You do this directly through the website, as you'll do most things with us
- After scheduling, do an audio/video test via the Classroom - AV Test page. This is the most important step to ensuring your lesson goes well. Please see these articles on other important steps you'll want to take regarding technical requirements
- A little before your lesson time, log in to your account and click on the Enter Classroom button. At your lesson time, your teacher will appear, and you'll get chatting away! You'll likely spend some time discussing your goals, previous learning, etc. and then of course some of the lesson will be an actual lesson
- If you enjoy the lesson, you can choose to purchase lessons (which we hope you do!) After purchasing, you'll instantly be able to schedule with your same teacher, or even a different teacher if you want to try another.
That's about it! A very high percentage of people who try a lesson end up purchasing and studying with us, often for many many years. This is because we only hire and retain exceptional teachers, so we are confident you'll love your experience.